Clear Alternative to Metal Braces
Invisalign® treatment with Dr. Moffett, Dr. Walley, and their orthodontic team can give you beautiful, straight teeth—without braces!
A Modern Approach
When you hear the word “orthodontics,” what comes to mind? Probably a patient with a mouthful of metal.
There are indeed many orthodontic patients who fit that description. However, there now exists an increasingly popular alternative to traditional metal braces: Invisalign clear aligners and Invisalign for Teens.
The Invisalign system is made of clear, lightweight plastic aligners that fit over your teeth and are designed to straighten your smile at Moffett & Walley Orthodontics. The best part is that these clear trays are completely removable, making it easier to eat, drink, brush and floss.
Benefits of Invisalign
- A Discreet Look — If you consider your orthodontic treatment to be a private matter, or simply feel that metal braces don't fit with your self-image, this practically invisible form of orthodontic treatment might suit you.
- Comfortable Feel — The soft, flexible material that Invisalign aligners are made of will not irritate the soft tissues of the mouth like metal wires and braces can.
- Improved Oral Hygiene — With an orthodontic appliance that is completely removable, you will be able to clean your teeth much more easily than if you were wearing metal braces.
- More Dietary Choices — To protect metal wires and braces, some diet modifications are necessary. With clear aligners, you can still bite into an apple or a crispy pizza crust.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection — If you have a teeth-grinding or clenching habit, clear aligners can function as thin night guards that will protect your teeth from excessive wear.
Extra Help for Teens
In the past several years, two features have been added to make Invisalign a more appropriate orthodontic treatment method for teenagers. Invisalign for Teens is designed with all of the same benefits as Invisalign ®, plus a few more to ensure your teen is wearing them properly.
- Adapted for Growth: Special eruption tabs hold the appropriate amount of space open to allow molars to fully grow in.
- Built-In Accountability: Small dots called “compliance indicators” are attached to the backs of the teeth. These dots change color to show Dr. Moffett and Dr. Walley how often the Invisalign trays are being worn, holding your teen accountable to treatment.
A Comfortable, Easy Process
Invisalign clear aligners work the same way traditional braces do, by applying carefully controlled forces to teeth to move them into a better position. The difference? They aren’t made of metal. Instead, they are made of clear, flexible plastic for your comfort.
Here's how it works: Specialized computer software helps us design a plan for moving your teeth from their current positions into the best possible alignment. This movement will be broken down into perhaps several dozen stages.
For each stage, the Invisalign company will manufacture two plastic mouth “trays” or “aligners,” one to fit over your top teeth and one for the bottom. You will wear this first set of trays for two weeks, for a minimum of 20 hours per day.
You will then move on to the next set of aligners in your series to accomplish the next stage of gradual movement. You’ll keep doing this until your teeth are correctly aligned.
Find Out if Invisalign Is
Right For You!
With advancements in modern technology, clear aligners have come a long way to improve your smile. Schedule your free consultation to find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign!