Creating Confident Smiles
At Moffett & Walley Orthodontics, we believe you have the right to a confident smile no matter your age. With Dr. Moffett, Dr. Walley, and a variety of treatment options on your side, we make that possible.
Get a Headstart to a Beautiful Smile
Early orthodontic treatment may prevent or intercept more serious problems from developing and may make treatment at a later age shorter and less complicated. Our Moffett & Walley Orthodontics team recommends children visit the orthodontist at age seven for the best smile results.
Choosing the Best Time for Treatment
While the age that kids get braces may vary, orthodontic treatment at our Clinton and Madison offices usually begins between the ages of 9 and 14. Some orthodontic problems are easier to correct if they’re treated early.
If Dr. Moffett or Dr. Walley thinks your child will need treatment, they’ll let you know when it will be best to begin treatment.
Here are a few signs you might need to bring them in for treatment:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing or biting
- Breathing through the mouth
- Crowded, misplaced or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that are too far forward or back
- Biting the cheek or biting into the roof of the mouth
- Protruding teeth
- Upper and lower teeth that don't meet, or meet in an abnormal way
- An unbalanced facial appearance
- Grinding or clenching of the teeth
Invest in Your Teen
The teen years — between the ages of 12 and 16 — are the most common time for orthodontic treatment with Moffett & Walley Orthodontics because most of yours or your child’s permanent teeth will be in place.
Luckily, some new solutions work to make the treatment process much easier than ever before for our patients in Clinton and Madison.
Why Choose Orthodontics for Teens
There's no set timetable for every kid, but generally by the age of 11-13 the deciduous (baby) teeth have all been lost, and the permanent ones have largely come in.
This is the time when the team at Moffett & Walley Orthodontics can go to work correcting the problems that cause a bad bite (malocclusion), improper tooth spacing, or poor alignment.
It’s Never Too Late for a Confident Smile
We're seeing more and more adult orthodontic patients in our Clinton and Madison offices these days, and it's not hard to figure out why!
Investing in a smile makeover can have significant benefits, socially and professionally. And with modern, aesthetic appliances, there’s no reason for insecurity.
Reasons for Adult Orthodontics
Healthy teeth can be moved at any age, so there's no such thing as being too old for braces. With so many reasons to get braces as an adult at Moffett & Walley Orthodontics, it’s hard to say no.
- Confidence Boosting: The cosmetic benefits of braces will make you feel more confident to share your smile with the Clinton and Madison areas.
- Variety of Treatment Options: From Invisalign® to clear braces, Moffett & Walley Orthodontics has a range of treatment options that suit your individual needs. We’ll make sure you feel confident during your treatment process.
- Health Benefits: Your mouth is connected to your overall health in many ways. By straightening your teeth, you can solve other health issues such as sleep apnea, poor digestion, and chronic pain or headaches.
Discover a Happier Smile at Any Age
Why wait to love your smile? Dr. Moffett and Dr. Walley are ready to help you get the smile you’ve only dreamed about, so schedule your free consultation!